Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hope has a way.....

One of my favorite songs off of Sarah Groves album Miscellaneous is, It Might Be Hope. I like the lyric, "hope has a way of turning it's face to you just when you least expect it." I was feeling down the past couple of days and I had really been praying and searching God I found comfort in His word and in praying but I just couldn't get a breakthrough. I finally did in my son Caleb. It was like he turned his face towards me and that became my hopeful moment . His eternal optimism, his strength, his courage, his quiet thoughtfulness inspired me and lessened my feelings of hopelessness and despair. I am so grateful for my son. He came at a time in my life when I was heading down a road of self-destruction and due to him I turned on the straight and narrow once again. I remember the first time my son filled my heart with hope. It was the Fourth of July and I had been overwhelmed in the past months of becoming a new mother, a single mother, a young mother....I had experiend post-partum depression. I needed hope. I took Caleb for a walk around the block and saw the fireworks over the bay. I looked down into the stroller and hope surged into my spirit. I can do this, I thought. I love my son and he loves me. I pray that you see hope in the face of someone or something today. God can use anything or anyone to renew your spirit and I'm so glad God continually uses my son to bring hope and blessings into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment